Membership and Registration 2019/2020
Welcome back to returning members, and a special welcome to anyone that may be considering the Bobcaygeon Curling Club in their future plans.
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT CURLING?
IT IS A SOCIAL SPORT
IT IS A FORM OF MANAGEABLE EXERCISE
THERE ARE NO AGE LIMITATIONS
IT IS EASY TO LEARN
THERE ARE MANY LEVELS OF CHALLENGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can join the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Membership includes a wide spectrum of individuals from beginners to experienced curlers and from once-a-week curlers to avid enthusiasts
What are some of the benefits of joining the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Clinics are held throughout the year for those wishing to improve their skills. Please see the Events Calendar
- A wide-variety of leagues are available, both competitive and social, for men, women, mixed and seniors. A full description of each league can be found on the Club’s website.
- Curling is a relatively inexpensive winter past-time where one can meet and enjoy people
When does the season begin and end?
- The curling season runs from the second week in October through to the end of March each year
What equipment will I need to get started?
- For first-time curlers, equipment will be provided for use during the various Curling Clinics. On-ice, you need only bringcleanrunning shoes to change into and layers of comfortable clothing
- For further information about equipment, please visit the Canadian Curling Association at
What does a yearly membership cost?
- Far less than most clubs and other sports. Please see the rate details, below.
Can I still join the club even though the season has already started?
- New members are welcome at any time throughout the season.
Are there programs for elementary-aged children?
- There are Youth Programs available including Little Rockers (ages 6-11) and Juniors (ages 12-19)
CURLING FEES FOR THE 2019-20 SEASON
Full Membership: $390 plus the capital assessment of $65 for a total of $455. (includes HST) This entitles you to curl as often as you would like during the season.
Full Membership – New Member Special: If you have never been a member of the Bobcaygeon Curling Club before, the fee is $265 plus the capital assessment of $65 for a total of $330. (includes HST) This likewise entitles you to participate in league curling as often as you like during the season.
Once-a-Week Anytime Curling: $300 (includes capital assessment and HST) This allows you to curl once a week in any of the the day programs, and also allows you to curl in an evening program and in-club bonspiels.
Evening Curling Membership: This provides participation in evening curling leagues (Monday Ladies, Tuesday Men, Wednesday Mixed, Friday Mixed) and club bonspiels. Evening Members may not curl in day programs or OCA events, and are not eligible to vote. Evening Member Fees are as follows: One evening per week: $100, Two evenings per week: $175, Three evenings per week: $225 "Family Pack": $250 The Family Pack allows a couple to share up to 4 player spots per week - (e.g. Monday Ladies, Tuesday Men's and Wednesday Mixed) (HST and capital assessment are included for all Evening Member fees)
Little Rockers & Junior Memberships (Youth Program): $60.00 (includes HST)
Non-Curling Social Membership: No Charge
Locker Rental: $30.00 per season (as available) (includes HST) / Shared locker $15 per season subject to availability.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2019-20 SEASON
Registration for the 2019-20 season will begin in August. Click on "New Member Sign-up" on the main menu above to view the Registration Form.