Membership and Registration 2018/2019
Welcome back to returning members, and a special welcome to anyone that may be considering the Bobcaygeon Curling Club in their future plans.
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT CURLING?
IT IS A SOCIAL SPORT
IT IS A FORM OF MANAGEABLE EXERCISE
THERE ARE NO AGE LIMITATIONS
IT IS EASY TO LEARN
THERE ARE MANY LEVELS OF CHALLENGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can join the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Membership includes a wide spectrum of individuals from beginners to experienced curlers and from once-a-week curlers to avid enthusiasts
What are some of the benefits of joining the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Clinics are held throughout the year for those wishing to improve their skills. Please see the Events Calendar
- A wide-variety of leagues are available, both competitive and social, for men, women, mixed and seniors. A full description of each league can be found on the Club’s website.
- Curling is a relatively inexpensive winter past-time where one can meet and enjoy people
When does the season begin and end?
- The curling season runs from the second week in October through to the end of March each year
What equipment will I need to get started?
- For first-time curlers, equipment will be provided for use during the various Curling Clinics. On-ice, you need only bringcleanrunning shoes to change into and layers of comfortable clothing
- For further information about equipment, please visit the Canadian Curling Association at
What does a yearly membership cost?
- Far less than most clubs and other sports. Please see the rate details, below.
Can I still join the club even though the season has already started?
- New members are welcome at any time throughout the season.
Are there programs for elementary-aged children?
- There are Youth Programs available including Little Rockers (ages 6-11) and Juniors (ages 12-19)
CURLING FEES FOR THE 2018-19 SEASON
Full Membership: $390 plus the capital assessment of $55 for a total of $445. This
entitles you to curl as often as you would like during the season.
Full Membership – New Member Special: If you have never been a member of the Bobcaygeon Curling Club before, the fee is $265 plus the capital assessment of $55 for a total of $320. This likewise entitles you to participate in league curling as often as you like during the season.
Little Rockers & Junior Memberships (Youth Program): $60.00
(all above fees include H.S.T)
Once-a-Week Curling: $300 (includes the capital assessment of $45 and HST)
Non-Curling Social Membership: $60.00 (includes HST)
Locker Rental: $30.00 per season (as available) (includes HST) / Shared locker $15 per season subject to availability.
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018-19 SEASON
Registration for the 2018-19 season will begin in August of 2018. Click on "New Member Sign-up" on the main menu above to view the Registration Form.